1 / Plan to spend a week in Georgia to have a sample taken of your bacteria, to make search for phages by Eliava. Depending on the results of your tests, a duration and quality of treatment will be announced to you during a medical appointment (autophage, standard phage, prepared phage, duration, ..) and a price will be offered.
2 / After your acceptance of the proposed protocol of care, return to Georgia (or stay) for 2 weeks to perform the treatment.
How to know if you can be cared for by phage therapy
- The first step is to contact us and tell us the name of your infection and to provide with a medical summary. We will answer you "a priori" on the possibility of being treated by phage therapy and on the interest for you to come to Georgia.
- Your sample will be tested at the Eliava laboratory. It will be used to accurately determine / confirm the nature of your bacterial infection, or even detect other infections to treat.
- On the basis of your sample, virulent bacteriophages against your germs will be sought after.
At the end of this first stage, the possibility of treatment will be checked, your case will be examined by a team of doctors and specialists, and at that time a PROTOCOL OF SPECIAL CARE WILL BE PROPOSED.
Initial bacteriological tests to check the virulence of phages on your infection:
- The bacteriophage collection of the Eliava Institute is the largest in the world. After collection of your bacterium, sensitivity tests will be performed which will identify the appropriate bacteriophage to destroy your particular bacterial strain. Small reminder, phage herapy is very effective to treat a Staphylococcus aureus, an Escherichia Coli, a Klebsiella to name only the most common.
- In certain cases where the standard phages are not sufficiently virulent, it is possible to improve their effectiveness against your bacterial strain by reinforcing their virulence, or to develop a new customized preparation of phages specific to YOUR bacterial strain. It is for example systematically the case to treat Klebsiella.
- Possible cases of surgery are evaluated on a case by case basis and will be discussed and discussed with you, after examination of medical records, bacteriological analysis and phage sensitivity tests. Surgery may be necessary to treat localized staphylococcus aureus
Definition: Phage therapy is the use of bacteriophage viruses (simply called bacteriophages or even phages) to treat a large number of infectious diseases of bacterial origin, especially multi-resistant infections, without any side effects.
"Caucasus Healing" is a brand of " Voyager en Georgie," Georgian receptive travel agency registered in Tbilisi under the number B151011118 , approved by the Georgian Ministry of Tourism and the Eliava Institute of phage therapy.