Phage therapy treats and heals golden staphylococcus, Escherichia coli (E.Coli), Klebsiella, enterobacter, pseudomonas .... Phage therapy cures very numerous infections by multi-resistant bacteria (see list below) or Nosocomial infections, and represents an alternative to antibiotics, or even the only solution in the event of a therapeutic impasse. Phage therapy is natural and without side effect.
• Infectious skin diseases such as acne, furunculosis, carbunculosis and pyoderma
• Pulmonary infections
• Wounds, burns, ulcers, sores, and complications from different infections
• infections of the oral cavity, such as stomatitis and gingivitis.
• nasopharynx and ocular infections such as tonsillitis, pharyngitis, rhinitis, sinusitis, conjunctivitis.
• Intestinal infections such as dysentery, salmonellosis, colitis, and dyspepsia
• Genitourinary infections, including chronic bladder infections and prostatitis
• Complications of cystic fibrosis.
• infections associated with a weakened immune system due to the use of steroids, radiotherapy, cancer treatment, immunosuppressive drugs, or other medical conditions such as acquired immunodeficiency syndrome (AIDS)
• Surgical infections, including complicated infected prostheses and osteomyelitis
• Recurrent folliculitis
Phage therapy can treat multi-resistant (and non-resistant) bacteria listed below.
(Not exhaustive, in constant evolution)
Pasteurella gallicida and pneumoniae
Salmonella cholera suis
Salmonella paratyphi A
Salmonella paratyphi B
Salmonella typhi abdominalis
Streptococcus agalactiae bovis
Streptococcus agalactiae canis
What is a standard phage?
A standard phage is a phage that is in stock at the Institute and has excellent results on most of the following bacteria:
• Escherichia Coli
What is a custom phage ?
A custom phage is a phage that will have to be found / created to fight against a bacterium for which phages are not yet available. It is already known that for certain types of bacteria, it is necessary to systematically create a "custom phage". But there is always the probability that a standard phage is not effective against the bacteria mentioned in the previous chapter and that it is necessary to create a custom phage.
Bacteria necessarily requiring custom phage:
• Bacteria above which would be resistant to standard phage,
• Enterobacter Cloacae
• ...and more.
In the case of other bacterial infections than those mentioned above, a laboratory study is necessary.
Please contact us.
How does phage therapy treatment work
First, you need to collect your infection to send it to the Eliava laboratory. Here, precise bacteriological analyzes will confirm (or invalidate) your infection. Then, phages active against your infection will be sought. After a few days, a specific protocol of care can be proposed to you according to the results.
Then, your treatment will begin: it may consist, according to the cases and the dosages determined by the doctors, in the absorption of phages, in dressings imbibed with phages, in phage inhalations, in phage spray, Of 2 weeks. During this time, further analyzes and / or daily medical monitoring will be carried out to ensure the effectiveness of the treatment and / or to adapt the dosages, change phages or not, etc.
In some cases, an operation may be necessary to access the infected site.
The PH of your blood will be analyzed as it must be neutral to ensure the best effectiveness of phagothérapie. If necessary, treatment will be prescribed to achieve the desired result.
The effectiveness of your immune defenses will also be analyzed and reinforced if necessary.
Many questions will be asked during your medical appointments. And any infection found while you did not come to treat her will also be treated (ulcer, ...). In some cases, massage or dental care may also be provided.
There is no contraindication and no known side effects to phagothérapie.
WHAT DOES NOT TREAT PHAGE THERAPY
To date, phage therapy is ineffective against :
"Caucasus Healing" is a brand of " Voyager en Georgie," Georgian receptive travel agency registered in Tbilisi under the number B151011118 , approved by the Georgian Ministry of Tourism and the Eliava Institute of phage therapy.