Eliava Institute of Phage Therapy
Eliava Phage Therapy Center (Eliava Institute)
The specialist doctors at the Eliava Institute
- – Skin and soft tissue infections associated with burns, wounds, human bites, animal or insect stings, cellulitis, abscesses, folliculitis, impetigo, and pyoderma.
– Bone and joint infections like bacterial arthritis and osteomyelitis, infected prostheses.
– Eye infections such as bacterial conjunctivitis.
– Urinary tract infections associated with prostatitis, urethritis, and cystitis.
– Ear, nose, throat infections associated with sinusitis, pharyngitis, middle ear and external ear infections.
– Respiratory infections associated with cystic fibrosis and chronic respiratory diseases.
– Oral cavity infections, such as gingivitis and stomatitis.
– Gastrointestinal conditions such as bacterial gastroenteritis and bacterial overgrowth syndrome, irritable bowel disorder.
Giorgi Eliava and the creation of the Eliava Institute
The Eliava Phage Therapy Institute supplied and treated the entire Soviet Union with bacteriophages (phages) for decades, and still now supplies Ukraine, Poland, Russia, and of course, Georgia.
The Eliava Institute is the only center in the world that has such a bank of bacteriophages (6000) and such experience. Their doctors, scientists, and laboratories constantly practice phage therapy and are the world experts in it.